Wednesday, October 17, 2012

"My goal is to return to my best"














While a lot of Euskaltel fans are understandably downbeat at Amets Txurruka's change of teams, the wily soon-to-be 30-year-old climber appears to be just as motivated as ever. Speaking at the team's presentation of his signing yesterday (along with Omar Fraile, pictured above), the Etxebarria-born rider seemed eager to start his new adventure.

"I want to thank the team for giving me the opportunity to continue riding and trusting in me", he said. "I'll try to give it all that I can, and we'll see if luck is on our side and if we can do something great.

"I'm encouraged. It's a very different team, and the races will also be very different. Change motivates you, and as always I'm eager and looking forward to start the new season. My personal goal (for next year) is to return to my best form and give it my utmost. Everyone on the team will have their freedom and the races will show us where we are. The key will be to support each other. Caja Rural has always been a fighting team, and they showed this season that they're a good team and they've obtained big victories. Hopefully we can continue this way".

The team's president, Floren Esquisabel, said 'Txurru's experience will greatly aid the younger riders on the team, but also praised his personality.

"Txurruka is a rider with experience that will help the team. In addition, according to what I've been told, he's a great guy. Our idea is that he strengthens the team and can help the younger ones to find their way in races and learn them what it's like to be a professional cyclist."

"As for Omar (Fraile), he represents the department in the team to which we devote the most work, the younger riders - giving them opportunities and helping them grow. Omar has got a big future ahead of him, and we're looking forward to helping him improve".

The 22-year-old now former Orbea prodigy hopes to "pay the team back for the trust they've put in me" and "be at the level they want me to next season. It'll be a leap (from Continental to Pro Continental level), but there'll be riders I can learn a lot from and I hope to learn from the older riders".

Photo: Noticias de Navarra

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers