Friday, August 24, 2012

Kocjan denies Euskaltel move














Reported to have become Euskaltel's first non-Basque rider (or non-Basque related anyway) a few days back, Slovenian Jure Kocjan has himself dismissed signing with the orange WorldTour outfit.

"I've not yet signed a contract", he told www.bicikel.com (reproduced by www.biciciclismo.com). "I'd already reached an agreement with another team when I received the offer from Euskaltel a few days ago. We're still negotiating".

It's rumoured his current team Team Type 1 are aiming at becoming a team exclusively for riders with diabetes, meaning Kocjan (and the vast majority of his team-mates) should be on his way out of the US team at the end of this year. Regardless of whether he does sign a deal with Euskaltel or not, he's still assured of a ride in 2013 though.

"If I don't join Euskaltel, I'll ride for a French team", he said.

Photo: www.eurosport.com

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers