Thursday, May 31, 2012

Sicard happy with season












Romain Sicard has declared himself pleased with 2012 so far after enjoying a virtually uninterrupted series of races. The Frenchman has been troubled by injuries in the past but appears to have put those troubles behind him. He's taking pleasure from being able to race - even if the results haven't necessarily been the best.

"The first half of the season finished with the Tour de Romandie. For the moment I'm pleased considering where I came from. I have to be patient, go step by step and work hard", he said in an interview with Velo 101.

"In Romandie my role was to be active and hunt for results along with the other riders able to perform on the harder stages (he eventually ended up 80th). But many riders were strong in that race, so it was complicated."

Concerning the Tour de France, the 24-year-old was a well of secrets.

"We'll see about the Tour in the coming weeks. I'll know more soon, but for the moment I can't say anything. I'm not sure about my program - we'll see".

Despite missing virtually a whole year of racing due to injuries in 2011, as well as a well-publiced run-in with the police, the Frenchman interestingly terms the year "rewarding".

"In terms of sport, 2011 didn't give me much as I didn't race a lot. But on a personal level, it was very enriching - perhaps the most enriching one since I started riding a bike. Sometimes you take the biggest steps in the difficult moments. It was an important year."

It was previously reported on this site that Sicard would do the Dauphiné commencing this Sunday. This will not happen after all as Ricardo García has taken his place.

Photo: www.fundacioneuskadi.com

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers