Friday, April 27, 2012

Antón back in two weeks
















Igor Antón might be back in training in a fortnight and back in competition in little less than a month, according to the man himself.

The 29-year-old climber spoke to el Pedal de Frodo of his recovery process yesterday, and was at his optimistic best. The crash and subsequent collarbone fracture sustained in Liège-Bastogne-Liège last week is unlikely to hamper the rest of his season.

"I'm optimistic because the bone was operated on so quickly. In two week's time I might be out on the bike, and on the rollers perhaps even before that. But I'm in no rush, and there's still a lot of racing to be done this season", he told the popular Spanish website.

Antón will once again center his season around his country's national tour, and says he'll have plenty of time to prepare for the last GT of the year even if he was to miss the Tour de Suisse - his potential comeback race.

"I'm already preparing for the second part of the season. It's not a certainty, but perhaps I'll be ready for Suisse. I'll probably be a little green at that race, but even then it's still two months to go before the Vuelta start. I've got time, so I'm not stressed out".

While the Tour de Romandie, one his main goals of the first part of the season, has been taken away from him, Antón is adamant that the first few months of the 2012 season haven't lived up to expectations.

"No, it hasn't been satisfactory", he admitted. "I had hoped to turn my season around in Romandie and in the Vuelta a Madrid, but now... The only positives were seventh in Critérium International and third in the Klasika Primavera, where there was nothing I could do. I'm not happy with how 2012 has been so far, but it's worth saying I'm often performing better in the second part of the season."

Photo: www.deia.com

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers