Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Antón welcomes Contador Vuelta challenge


















Igor Antón has welcomed the news that Alberto Contador might line up in this year's Vuelta a España.

As Contador's suspension comes to an end in early August, he's free to race the last Grand Tour of the race. The 2008 Vuelta champ is already being tipped to win the race at a canter by Spanish media, but perennial contender Antón is not concerned by his presence.

"For me it's a good thing if he races", he told Alain Laiseka in Basque daily DEIA. "It'll take the pressure off. He'll be the centre of attention. In addition, if I win, it'll mean all that much more".

The Vuelta will be the Euskaltel climber's one and (almost) only goal in 2012 - but finally taking the red jersey all the way to Madrid is not an obsession for the Galdakao native.

"I'm not saying I have to win it, but I want to do well from the start. If I succeed, I'll be more tranquilo and might start looking for other races".

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers