Saturday, August 20, 2011

Fernández grateful for Euskaltel-years



















Though pleased to have secured a move to big-hitters Garmin-Cervélo, Koldo Fernández was still keen to praise Euskaltel and its staff on his personal website yesterday. "'Till this day I've spent all my years as a professional rider with Euskaltel. It's been eight great years and I'd like to thank the team and Miguel Madariaga and Igor González de Galdeano in particular for the possibility they gave me in 2004 to turn professional and the support they've showed me ever since. I leave with a lot of good memories shared with all components of this team. Together we've given it our all and won races, also through other riders. There are still some races left to do before the end of the season, though, and I'd like to take one last win in orange for the team, my team-mates and the Basque fans. And after that I'll have time to prepare for the 2012 season and brush up my English.

But I am very happy. This is a new stage in my career and I'm eager to start it. Garmin-Cervélo is one of the biggest teams in the international peloton. I was in contact with some other teams as well, but the project presented to me by Garmin seemed the best. Everything will be new to me and I'm looking forward to the experience."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers