Thursday, February 10, 2011

Izagirre reveals Giro plans

Speaking after taking second in yesterday's Trofeo Deiá, Gorka Izagirre revealed he's set to ride his first Grand Tour this May. He'll go to the Giro d'Italia mainly to help Igor Antón, he told GARA, but he's not excluding going for a stage-win of his own. "Igor Antón will be the leader and I'll do my utmost to help him, but that doesn't exclude looking for my own oppotunities. I have a lot of respect for the race. It'll be my first GT and I'll enter the race accordingly." Izagirre is likely to form the nucleus of Antón's support-cast alongside the likes of Mikel Nieve and JJ Oroz in Italy. He also revealed his next race will be the Tour de Haut-Var before he embarks on Paris-Nice alongside, among others, Samuel Sánchez, Romain Sicard and Egoi Martínez. Prior to debuting at the Giro, he's also scheduled to do the majority of both the cobbled and the Ardennes classics.

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers