Monday, August 30, 2010

Antón happy; Beñat blames 'bad day'


Igor Antón was quietly pleased with his ride to third on today's medium mountain stage to Málaga, saying post-race that "I felt good, but the differences were minimal. But it's always good to get a psychological edge over the others". He also pointed to the excessive heat, but rightly said "it's the same for everyone". Beñat Intxausti was at a loss to explain his bad, or is that horrific, day in the saddle. "It's not been a good stage, but it's no use thinking about it anymore. Perhaps the heat affected my performance, because I didn't feel good. But I know I'm in good shape, so I'll stay calm. My goals for the race don't change though: to support Igor Antón and to do what's best for Euskaltel Euskadi." Speaking of his deal with Movistar, revealed earlier today, the man himself didn't hide his excitement, saying "I can't hide the fact that I'm very pleased. It's a team with a lot of history in which I hope to continue to improve and progress."

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers