Saturday, July 17, 2010

Velasco sorry for 'stupid' crash


Iván Velasco was not the most popular man in the peloton when his rather clumsy crash on the stage to Avoriaz took down a certain Lance Armstrong. The affable climber, who only a week ago became a father for the first time, says he's sorry for the crash. "It was a stupid crash", he told Gara. "The feed bag got entangled in my wheel. I apologized to him (Lance) straight away. He was not angry with me, but I hope it doesn't happen again". Iván also praised Samu, who he says is in "the form of his life". "He's really strong", he said. "Tremendously strong. I've never seen him in better shape. He's also very calm (considering the situation he is in)." I certainly agree with him, Samu looks much more at ease in the mountains compared to what he's been before in the opening weeks of a GT. Boding well for the Pyrenees...

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers