Sunday, May 02, 2010

Igor pleased with form


Igor sounded surprisingly upbeat and happy after today's close shave in Romandie. Here's what 'Fuji' had to say: "The truth is I'm very pleased with my performances the last month. In Castilla y León I set myself the goal of winning on the Morredero, and in addition I finished second overall behind the best stage-race rider in the world. I came to the Classics to enjoy them and to get to know them. I'd never done them before. In Fléche I felt really good and I was fighting for the win, I was happy with my fourth place there. It's made me think that I can one day win the race. Liège was different, more tactical. I set out with the goal of finishing in the top 10 and I managed to do that. I was right in there and got seventh. And in Romandie it annoys me that there haven't been any summit finishes. Because on the climbs I felt really strong."

1 comment:

Bolsen3 said...

Euskaltel looks awesome this year, with Igor finally back in business, Beñat getting his big breakthrough, and a world class rider in Samu! On top of that they have one of the biggest talents of the sport in Sicard, long time ago since they looked this strong!

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers