Saturday, April 10, 2010

"I'm on a cloud"

Beñat was naturally ecstatic after finishing on the podium in the Vuelta al País Vasco. Here's what the guy had to say afterwards: "The truth is that I'm on a cloud. To be on the podium in the Vuelta al País Vasco is a dream. Many of the best riders in the world are here and I've been elbow to elbow with them. I'm 24 years old, and I have to go step by step, with calmness. Today's ITT was very good for me. I was given references from Samu and noticed I had good splits. I arrived at this race with good form, I was feeling good already in the Critérium International, but I had respect for this race. It's one of the hardest in the world. Even so, I've managed to be with the best every day and finish on the podium. It's a great triumph for me. I want to dedicate this win to Miguel, to Igor and to all my team-mates. They supported me all the time, and without them this wouldn't be possible. A special dedication goes out to a relative of mine who's a patient, I hope this win will raise his spirits."

3 comments:

Bolsen3 said...

Really cool to see Beñat up there, finally! We all knew he had the talent for a long time now, and I'm very glad that his big breakthrough finally came! Can't wait to see how far this guy can get! (If Pro Cycling Manager is a reasonably comparison to reality, he could easily go on to win the Giro AND Vuelta 3 times each, but then again I'm a brilliant manager in this game :P )

Magnus said...

I used to be pretty good at that game as well. One year I won Liège, Fleche, the Giro, the Tour, the Vuelta and Lombardia with Ibán. Beat that!

Bolsen3 said...

Haha, impressive! :P

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers