Monday, October 20, 2008

Odriozola: "I'd love to return"

In a surprising turn of events, newly-departed sports director Jon Odriozola has stated he'd love to one day come back to the team. Jon and Euskaltel parted ways after two years due to contractual disagreements. Both parties wanted to extend the cooperation, but it wasn't to be. "First I want to say that it's been two very positive years for me. I've learned a lot, I've reached my personal goals, the team have done well, and the team have obtained the personality and identity I wanted it to. As a Basque I'd love to stay on with the team, a team I completely identify myself with. It's been an honour. It's the ultimate dream for every Basque sports director to be able to direct his local team. I'd love to return one day. But sadly we couldn't reach an agreement. I'd like to keep the bussinesside of the negotiations secret". Odriozola also had praise for the fans: "I feel we have the best fans in the world. I've experienced the love of our fans, and that love can't be measure in money or anything else. It's been an enormous satisfaction. But I've ended up on the loosing side. I've left my team and got no job. It's been hard", he admitted. "Cycling is not a job. It's a passion, it's my life." Asked whether he would one day like to come back, he said: "Everything can happen in this world." I don't know what to make of this whole situation. Both Euskaltel and Jon wanted to extend the stay, but somehow it didn't work out. Reminds me of the Garate situation...

No comments:

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers