Sunday, December 02, 2007

Aitor Galdos targets early-season races


After a slightly disappointing first season with the team, sprinter Aitor Galdos hopes to return to winning ways next campaign. The 28-year-old admitted to Gara that this season was below par, saying"I know 2007 was a really bad year. I did not reach the goals I had set, and did not respond to the team's faith in me." Though, he was confident that next year will be much better, saying "I know I can win races next year, as I've solved many of the problems I struggled with this year." That sounds good, and he will turn to the early-season races such as the Tour Down Under, the Challenge Illes Balears, the Vuelta a Andalucía, the Tirreno-Adriatico and Milano-San Remo, to break his winless streak dating back to the summer of 2006. He also said he would love a shot at two of the Ardennes Classics, namely Amstel Gold and Fleche Wallonne.

2 comments:

Lizzard4567 said...

Why does he say that he had a bad year ? I think he showed some great things for a first year in the protour :x

Magnus said...

Well, it wasn't all bad, but I had hoped he would win some races, and I think the team expected him to do that as well...

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers