Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"Iban is important to us"


Iban`s sports director at Saunier Duval, Joxean "Matxin" Fernandez, is still in a state of shock after it was revealed Iban tested positive for EPO. "I have no explanation for this", he said to DEIA, "I don`t understand it. Already this year he`s passed four UCI controls without any problems or suspiscious results whatsoever. In addition, he was under no pressure. When he joined us we said we wanted him to enjoy the bike again. He did not have any economic incentive to win a stage or to go for a high overall placing. His contract doesn`t even end this year... I just don`t understand all this". Further he said that Iban is totally downcast, but that he believes Iban: "I still believe him. It`s a very hard and difficult situation to face for us, especially as Iban is a very important rider and person to us". At least it`s good to see that Iban has still got support from his mentor. It seems people are not just leaving Iban all alone, and that`s important as he needs all the support he can get, now more than ever.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very good to see this news.

I am still hoping on some wonder...

Btw in a lost moment I watched the climb of the Alpe d'Huez in 2003 again. I do it more than once a month during the years. And everytime I get shivers again...

Aupa Iban!

Magnus said...

It`s so encouraging to see so many of you still standing by Iban. That`s the spirit:D

Anonymous said...

Oh my God! How can you support a guy who probably has built his career on cheating? I can`t understand, how can you be against dope and on the other side support this cheating criminal? It`s like "I like Hitler, but I didn`t like what he did to the jews". If you still support Iban Mayo, please stay out the cycling sport.

Anonymous said...

If the B-SAMPLE shows he has used EPO how could we still support him? Let's wait until that moment

mr60% said...

I continue to support Iban.
Let's wait and see what he has to say.
Magnus, I admire you for continuing as well.
This blog is important to many of us.
Bravo.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, forgot to say that. You are doing a very good job, and you bring many news and interviews about Euskaltel and Iban earlier than the professional cyclingsites!
And of course with the personal bit involved in it, it is even better!

Aupa Magnus!

Anonymous said...

i think you should just write about eusklaltel

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers