Thursday, May 24, 2007

Iban the unpredictable


What happened to Iban? I have no idea to be honest. I had high hopes for Iban going into today`s stage with the arrival in Briancon. Iban was sitting a nice 24th overall, with the form just getting better and better according to himself. Then, when the race gets underway, he`s nowhere to be seen. Eventually he languishes in to a 62nd place, over 15 minutes adrift. I have no explanation for this sudden dip in form, and I don`t think any of you have either. Perhaps he`s just relaxing with an eye on tomorrow`s hill ITT? I wouldn`t exclude it, but something tells me that`s not the case. If any on you have an idea or a suggestion, please leave a comment. I guess tomorrow`s stage will give us some answers. Aupa Iban!

6 comments:

ingi 15 said...

Mayo said that he wants to peak in the last week of the giro, so maybe he saved his legs for the last two stages, the Tre Cime di Lavaredo and the Zoncolan.

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree since it is only the first real mountain stage, I am hoping he is just saving for later, I dont think that he rode all he could today.

Unknown said...

I haven't seen the whole stage, but could it be that Mayo sacrificed himself for Simoni, in the beginning of the stage?

Magnus said...

No, he didn`t actually. Litu, Ricco`, Canada and Piepoli kept the pace high, with Iban no where to be seen. Though, I hope you guys are right, that he`s just using as little energy as possible up until the Tre Cime and Zoncolan. Perhaps he`ll also be really good tomorrow in the ITT?

mr60% said...

Weird, I agree.
Let's see what happens today.

Unknown said...

http://interview.cyclingfever.com/index.html?_p=rider&id=99&country=6

 

web site counter
ISP Internet Providers